Jeremy M. Nicholas
Jeremy M. Nicholas is an attorney who specializes in helping individuals and families create customized estate plans that fit their unique circumstances and goals. He advises clients on wealth transfer, beneficiary inheritance protection, surviving spouse planning, incapacity planning, minimizing adverse tax implications, planning for beneficiaries with special needs, and asset protection planning.
When the death of a loved one occurs, Jeremy also represents Executors and Trustees to ensure that all filing/reporting requirements are met and that assets are transferred to beneficiaries correctly.
Jeremy is certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law. He has been named as a Top Lawyer by Columbus CEO magazine.
Jeremy has a special interest in planning for physicians. Married to a neuroimmunologist, he uses his personal experiences to address the special concerns that physicians and their families have.
A native of Pickerington, Ohio, Jeremy is a graduate of both The Ohio State University and the University of Toledo College of Law. Jeremy and his family reside in New Albany.
- Bachelor of Arts, The Ohio State University (2004)
- Juris Doctor, University of Toledo College of Law (2007)
Awards & Distinctions
- Ohio State Bar Association Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law
- 2015 Columbus CEO Magazine “Top Lawyer”
- Certificate for Excellent Presentation on Estate Planning at the Tri-County Estate Planning Council (2014)
- Recognition for sharing of expertise beyond the call of duty, presented by the Pennsylvania Bar Association: Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section (2009)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Ohio State Bar Association, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section
- Ohio State Bar Association, Elder and Special Needs Law Section
- Columbus Bar Association, Estate Planning and Trust Committee
- Columbus Bar Association, Probate Committee
- WealthCounsel, LLC
- ElderCounsel, LLC
- Tri-County Estate Planning Council (President 2014-2015)
- Ohio Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys (Treasurer, 2014-2017)
- Columbus Estate Planning Council