James A. Hardgrove
Jim received a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Ohio University. After graduation from college, he served in the United States Navy as a Naval Officer on various ships. Upon discharge from the Navy, he was employed as an Accountant for a Corporation in Maryland, and later an Assistant Controller for a major hospital in Columbus, Ohio. Jim received his Juris Doctorate (cum laude) from Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio, in 1978. He is currently in the law firm of James A. Hardgrove, Co., L.P.A.
Jim is certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Specialist in the area of Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law. This certification makes Jim one of a small group of attorneys in Ohio to have earned this specialist distinction.
Jim is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, and the Columbus Bar Association. He is a member and Past President of the Ohio Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys, and is a member and Past President of the Tri-County Estate Planning Council. Jim also is a member of Wealth Counsel, LLC, The Advisor’s Forum, and Elder Council.
Jim is an active member of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church in Pickerington, and currently serves on the Parish Finance Commission. Jim spends his free time with his wife of 41 wonderful years, Rosemary, and is a proud father of three children, Christopher, Jacqueline, and Melissa, and a grandfather of four.
Awards & Distinctions
- Ohio State Bar Association Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law
Memberships & Affiliations
- Ohio State Bar Association, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section
- Columbus Bar Association, Estate Planning and Trust Committee
- Columbus Bar Association, Probate Committee
- WealthCounsel, LLC
- ElderCounsel, LLC
- Tri-County Estate Planning Council
- Ohio Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Columbus Estate Planning Council